LDS.org - New Era Article - Five Scriptures That Will Help You Get through Almost Anything
- Scripture One: We Know That God Loves His Children! (1 Nephi 11:17)
- Scripture Two: We Know That God Allows Evil to Exist in the World (Moses 7:26–33)
- Scripture Three: Our Work Is Not Finished! (Alma 14:13)
- Scripture Four: The Atonement Is Not Just for Sinners (Alma 7:11–12)
- Scripture Five: One Day, the Lord Will Reveal All Things (D&C 101:32–36)
- The Ultimate Answer - The Lord Is Over All
John Byetheway has always been one of my very favorite speakers. I loved hearing him at EFY when I was a kid. I've loved watching his Deseret Book video specials and I have always had fun listening to his books on tape - he's just awesome. But tonight as I read this article I wasn't impressed because of his witty-banter, or the silly way he performs - I was touched by the spirit. That happens frequently when listening to Brother Byetheway, but this time I was just so touched that some of the words I was searching for (both for myself and for some other people I'd been thinking about, praying for) were perfect for the situations. Guess that is another one of those tender mercies that we're so often blessed with.
So read the article - I promise you won't be disappointed!