Thursday, May 12, 2011

Giving to Others



I saw this picture in a friend's Facebook album (she found it on Pintrest....a phenomenon I have yet to get involved with....) and it made me smile.  Not only because it made me think about how true the sentiment is and how blessed we become by serving others, but even more because it reminded me of my Dad.  My Dad has an ability to give to others in a no-strings-attached kind of way and he does it so often, and so well. What a blessing it has been in my life to have my cute Dad as an example of serving and giving to others.  I could write a long novel of all of the things he does on a regular basis, as well as some pretty big one-time kind of deals - but knowing him it would almost defeat the purpose.  He gives in secret, he doesn't do it with banners and balloons announcing his gifts, he does it quietly, secretly, and with no expectations of thanks or fanfare.  That's one of the things I love about him.  Thanks Dad.

2 comments:

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Rhiens said...

He truly is a great giver! That is one of the many things I love about him. ;)

Mom