Monday, October 27, 2008

Oreos

So Gabe has the preschool treat tomorrow and he's been excited about it since last month when it was his turn. We debated between the traditional pumpkin shaped sugar cookies and these homemade Oreos. I must admit that I swayed his vote a bit because I was craving the Oreos and I hate to make them unless I'm taking them somewhere (or I'll eat them all!) So we spent the afternoon making some tasty cookies. We added orange icing to the cookies to make them a bit festive.


Homemade Oreos

Beat Well:

1 pkg Devils Food Cake Mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter (makes them crisp) or margarine (makes them soft)
Roll in balls for the desired size and place on cookie sheet.

Bake for 7 minutes at 350. (I ended up cooking them about 9 minutes...but my oven is a bit temperamental)

Fill each cookie with cream cheese frosting (8 oz cream cheese & aprox 1 lb powdered sugar - beat together well)

Notes: These cookies are even better the next day as the cookies get softer.

You will probably want to double the recipe. This did not make very many since you use 2 cookies for each Oreo. It's good if you don't want to have a lot around to eat - but kind of disappointing too.....

4 comments:

Dixie said...

I'm with you on the "eat them all". I have to have others around or give them away or suddenly I notice that the cookie sheet is empty!!!

Ellis said...

Yum! I LOVE homemade oreos (aka kori-os) :) I just might have to make some now...

The Rhiens said...

Look yummy! Tell Gabe I hope he has lots of fun at pre-school this week!

Nana

Laura said...

hmmmm! need I say more?