Monday, July 03, 2006

Family Reunion





We got home last night from Cory’s family reunion up in Island Park, Idaho (close to West Yellowstone). There were around 80 people there, and it was fun to see people we haven’t seen in years. It’s amazing how things have changed since the last reunion we went to. The last one we went to there weren’t any great grandkids yet. This reunion I was talking to Grandma Ellis and she said that by the end of the year she’ll have (I think) 23 GREAT-grandkids. WOW! It was great to hear everyone honor Cory’s grandparents (they’re celebrating their 60th anniversary this year). I feel blessed to be a part of that family! Grandma and Grandpa Ellis are some of my very favorite people, and have passed such an amazing heritage onto their children, grandchildren, and now great grandchildren!

The reunion was fun. One of the big events was that they held a "Redneck Rodeo" - using 4-wheelers. I was really apprehensive about it because I have only been on a 4-wheeler a couple of times, and knowing me I was sure that my uncordinated self would get hurt. However - not only did I escape unhurt - Cory's aunt Lynette and I WON our event :). It wasn't a big deal - but it made me smile. Gabe also spent time on the 4-wheelers with Daddy and Uncle Chase. He LOVED them and would scream when we'd take him off. Some of the little cousins had some small (battery powered) toy 4-wheelers and we already talked about getting him one for Christmas. I think he'd love it!

So here are a few pictures from the weekend.

2 comments:

MaryRuth said...

Looks like SO much fun! We love Island Park. Family reunions are great! Glad you had a good time!!

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

We're glad you dropped by. It was fun to see you.

LOVE, Paul & Nicole