Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Happy Pioneer Day!

Happy Pioneer Day! I know it was yesterday - the 24th, but it was celebrated today. Cory got up early this morning to help the Boy Scouts put out the flags on everyone's lawn. It's one of my favorite parts of living here - our flag for special holidays. I love to look down the roads and see flags flying in every yard, shouting our gratitude for being able to live in this country!

Then this afternoon, after Cory worked for a good part of the day, we went to the Enoch City celebrations. They had a fun "home-town" parade - with ward floats, and scout troops. It was fun to watch. Then it ended at the park by one of our stake church buildings where they had a big family dinner, dance, pioneer games, a family dance, and a lot of fun. I really like living in a fun little town like Enoch. There is a lot of town pride, and activities that bring the community together. It's cute and quaint. I really think that raising our children here will be a blessing.

Anyway, we are so grateful for our pioneer heritage. It's amazing what the pioneers, and early members of the church have done for us. I am continually in awe of their dedication, hard work, and perserverance. We are so lucky to have their examples, and the heritage that they have entrusted with us. It's overwhelming to think that oneday our generations may be thought of as leaving a "heritage" for our ancestors. It makes me wonder what heritage Cory and I will leave for our posterity.....

No comments: