Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Zumba with Jabari - (ROCKS!)

I've been talking up the Zumba class I go to at Lifetime Fitness and thought I'd check to see if I could find our instructor Jabari in action. Check out this video and see the class I go to each week. It doesn't give Jabari enough credit because going to his class is a TOTAL blast. I love that he has fun, gets us moving and makes someone like me even think she can dance. Speaking of my ability to dance....my friend Tannie and I decided to go to his Hip-Hop dance class a month or so ago - just to give it a try. I felt like I was stumbling along during the last 1/2 of the class. The next night at Zumba he came up and talked to me before class and asked how I'd liked it. I said I'd had a great time, but I wasn't very good....he paused and I could tell he was trying really hard to respond as politely as possible. He gave me a sympathetic look and said, "Uh...but you kept trying....? Keep coming and you'll eventually catch on....?" He said it almost like a question, like he wasn't totally sure if I'd catch on, but why not try? It totally made me laugh. I'm not a dancer by any means, but I totally can Zumba with Jabari! (Now to just convince him to teach more than one class a week.....)

No comments: