Monday, November 09, 2009

Halloween 2009

I must admit it, I have a secret wish - I want to have an all-out coordinating family Halloween costume some year. You know, one with a theme where we all coordinate. I could be Dorothy, Cory could be the Wizard of Oz, Hunter dress as a flying monkey and Gabe could be the cowardly lion or the tin man.....or we could go with a theme from music - like The Beatles, or maybe a nursery rhyme....A girl can dream, right?

(In fact, I saw the CUTEST family costume last week - "No More Monkey's Jumping on the Bed" - the 2 kids were dressed as monkeys, the dad was a doctor and the mom was dressed in an apron holding a phone. You know - "Mama called the doctor and the doctor said, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!")

Anyway, Gabe was totally determined for months and months to be the "Red Power Ranger". So I gave in and let his dream of being a silly super hero win over my need for coordinating celebration....I was a bit sad, but he was THRILLED. He loved his costume and I got to avoid forcing Cory to dress up.

Hunter wore Gabe's old "Buzz Lightyear" costume and felt pretty cool to get to wear his brother's costume. It was a little big, but he's getting used to hand-me-downs, and he enjoyed it.

And then for the first time since we've had the boys I dressed up. The boys picked out a witch hat and wig for me and I pulled together a few black items of clothing, a fantastic witch cackle (if I do say so myself) and a wicked witch was born. I enjoyed it and I'm pretty sure I'll need to dress up again next year.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: