Sunday, November 27, 2011

Invictus

You know the feeling when you see a movie that just clicks - it's just what you need to see, when you need to see it?  A movie that inspires you and makes you want to be better all around?  I've felt that way all 3 times I've watched the movie "Invictus".  I highly reccommend it to anyone!  Some of my favorite quotes are:

Nelson Mandela: How do you inspire your team to do their best?
Francois Pienaar: By example. I've always thought to lead by example, sir.
Nelson Mandela: Well, that is right. That is exactly right. But how do we get them to be better then they think they CAN be? That is very difficult, I find. Inspiration, perhaps. How do we inspire ourselves to greatness when nothing less will do? How do we inspire everyone around us? I sometimes think it is by using the work of others.


Nelson Mandela: Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon.


Brenda Mazibuko: You're risking your political capital, you're risking your future as our leader.
Nelson Mandela: The day I am afraid to do that is the day I am no longer fit to lead.


Invictus

I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
(Nelson Mandela)

No comments: